Further safety aspects:
- There are no potential hazards in consequence of the steer-ability: The twisting of the lines, which often is unavoidable when using a controllable rescue system, doesn’t cause any special risks. The DIAMONDcross can also be controlled in twisted condition. The red colour marking on the front head indicates clearly visible the flight direction for the pilot.
- No risks can arise by excessive pulling or by non-use of the brake handles. There is no risk of stall. A pulling of the brakes is not required when landing, as the canopy already is trimmed at minimum sink rate. The forward speed also reduces significantly the risk of spine compression during the landing.
- The long suspension lines of the DIAMONDcross and the symmetric shape of the canopy lower the risk of causing a collapse with the rescue system and the glider.
Forward movement and low sink rate reduce in addition the risk of a side slip between the rescue system and the glider, and therefore higher sink rates.
- A short stall phase of the DIAMONDcross after opening prevents the formation of a “downplane”-position. The DIAMONDcross merges without the help of the pilot after a short independent stall phase in an easy, very stable and swing-free forward flight.
- The special design of the inner container, optimized with the help of Tom Grabner’s G-Force trainer ensures a safe deployment of the DIAMONDcross with low effort needed. Especially with regard to inconvenient pulling directions when deploying the rescue system. Therefore we absolutely recommend to use the original approved container with the rescue system and to adapt the rescue handle of the harness to the container by an authorized service company.
- The inner container has a separate space for the suspension lines.
The canopy will only be deployed after aspect ratio of the suspension lines, which enables a fast and controlled opening. The risk of a cravat of rescue system and glider is therefore reduced.
- The superlight, optional steerable cruciform canopy from Charly’s product designer Tom Grabner has been registered for patent and certified in four sizes.