SkyDrop vario is a full featured combined GPS vario. By the way, with its 68g it is the lightest vario with display! SkyDrop is a middle class instrument, dedicated for wide range of pilots. Instead of long listing all the features, which would take many mouse scrolls, we can introduce several use cases. If interested, please find function list in Specification tab:
- Once pilot is autonomous in basic skills (take off or landing), she/he is thirsty for air time. SkyDrop will gratefully help with this mission. It doesn’t need to sit on cockpit of cocoon harness, or even worse – at old school leg mount. Instead of that, a riser mount puts instrument right in front of pilot’s eyes, where she/he can easily read all what is needed.
- We recommend riser mount also for advanced pilots, due to safety reasons. When using riser mount, pilot can operates device with brake in her/his hand.
- However small and lightweight SkyDrop is, we found some space for complete set of motion sensors. Their fusion with the best available baro sensor creates high sensitive compass or instant vario reaction.
- Competition pilot at the front of leading gaggle needs reliable backup. SkyDrop generates FAI1 class IGC tracklogs and has waypoint navigation with route length optimisation.
- Tandem pilot has very limited space for instruments, but SkyDrop on passengers shoulder or helmet easily solves this situation.
- Do you like hike&XC? SkyDrop with its 68 grams in combination with your mobile phone is all you need for these exciting adventures.
- Leg mount is for camera, not for prehistoric instruments anymore! Riser mount is ideal for “always looking up” acro pilots, who also need some kind of instrument. SkyDrop can provide safety features like altitude alarms, or just G-force meter for fun. Maybe infinity tumble counter will come 😉